For those who have installed 9i on RedHat EL4

  • From: Janine Sisk <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 21:06:18 -0700

I recently did this install, and my sys admin says that ever since he
installed that long list of compat RPMs for me the up2date database on
this system has been fubar'd and he can no longer install anything via
up2date.  He is very peeved and seems to think that this is somehow my
fault. :)

Has this happened to anyone else?  If so, did you figure out how to fix
it?  He says he has tried the directions RedHat gives for rebuilding
the database but it didn't help, so he thinks that one or more of the
RPMs was bad in some way.

thanks,

janine