Re: For those running Oracle EBS/Oracle Applications Cloud

  • From: "Arian Stijf" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "arian" for DMARC)
  • To: oracle-l-freelist <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, alfredo.abate@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 21:51:54 +0200

Hi guys,

don't forget that Oracle is offering several options. One is indeed Fusion Apps. But Oracle also offers a solution where eBS is installed on Cloud Infrastructure. It might be that they are referring to this option. In that case, it is indeed 12.2.10 eBS, but they used the wrong name (or are changing names on their products again).

Regards,

Arian

On 2021-04-05 03:20, Alfredo Abate wrote:

I want to echo what Mark has stated. They are two totally different products.

If you want to run Oracle E-Business Suite in the cloud (Oracle or any of the others) the only way is via IaaS.

Alfredo

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021, 7:20 PM Mark Burgess <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

no - they are completely different products. EBS 12.2.10 is the on-premise version of Oracle Applications. Oracle "Cloud" Applications - also known as "Fusion" are SaaS applications on Oracle cloud.

Regards,

Mark

On 25 Mar 2021, 2:34 AM +1100, Beckstrom, Jeffrey <jbeckstrom@xxxxxxxxx>, wrote:

We were just told that EBS 12.2.10 is the same as Oracle Cloud Applications. My understanding is that they are two distinct products. Can you confirm if they are the same or NOT. An Oracle person told us that could look at EBS 12.2.10 while we work on migration to Oracle Applications Cloud since they are the same.

Jeffrey Beckstrom

Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority

1240 W. 6th Street

Cleveland, Ohio 44113