Re: Flash-only Metalink

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:45:04 +0200

That leads nearly directly to a probably strategy:
MetaLink was introduced to reduce the cost for customer support by bringing the customers from phone calls (whit expensive human beings) to online self-service.

So if all who disagrees with Flash for some reasons open their SRs by phone from now on (or from the day, when classic ML will be closed down), all these mid-level managers will have a poor day telling Larry why the numbers of SR reduced, but the cost for employees increased (or the response-statiscics exploded).

Money is the thig which runs oracle inc., not satisfaction or quality. So make it to expensive.

my .02€
 Martin

Am 20.07.2009 um 15:50 schrieb Bill Ferguson:

Perhaps the ulterior motive (from reading the previous posts), is so
many people are going to be negatively impacted without MetaLink
Classic being available, support will get fewer SR's, therefore
mid-level management can tell Larry "See, the product and our new
support option have drastically reduced the number of SR's filed,
therefore our product is becoming easier to use and less buggy".

--
-- Bill Ferguson