RE: Flash-only MetaLink :-(

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>, <jachang@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 13:05:57 -0400

Complete agreement here that support, mix, and the users groups of your
affiliation should all be notified of your misgivings. Of course notes to
this list of helpful notes to add are also useful. For example, if you could
tell them your bandwidth on login (or even lie that it is really slow) or
that you're through a remote VPN and have a double latency and you're slow,
or any vareity of other environmental issues for which they should turn off
the picture show, then maybe they could live with a single entry point. If
you're right there on a big pipe and  you're got painting cpu to spare, why
not get the pretty animations and such. But remind them that if that is the
ONLY way, then you might be preventing remote assistance from being useful
and making someone drive on site is just not green.

Sigh. I really love Oracle. Sometimes they need tough love.

mwf

  _____