Flashing Back a sessions work using dbms_flashback.transaction_backout

  • From: Lothar Flatz <l.flatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 10:11:09 +0200

Hi,

has anybody tried collecting transaction ids of a session to dbms_flashback.transaction_backout to flash back the activity of the session up to a certain point in time?
The background is that the session is part of a batch job that has concurrent sub jobs running.
When one of the sub processes is failing we want to be able to flash out the activity of the sub process but not those of concurrently running other sub processes.
A subprocess will always use just one session. (No parallel processing.)
If somebody tried it please let me know your experiences.

Thanks

Lothar