Re: Flashback query error

  • From: Jason Heinrich <jheinrich@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:22:27 -0500

It looks like Ron found your problem, but I was wondering what version you
are using?  In 9.2 and higher you could do something like the following,
which is a whole lot shorter and less error-prone:

insert into matl_doc_month (select * from matl_doc_month as of timestamp
(sysdate - 60/1440));

On 4/12/07 12:06 PM, Robyn wrote:

> Crisis averted ... got the data back from our replication site which
> just happened to be up for BCP testing ... the fates are smiling on us
> today :)
>
> However ... I'd still like to figure out what happened with the
> flashback procedure.  I've used this successfully in the past so I'm
> puzzled.  The error is:
>
>    matl_doc_month.LOAD_DATE);
>                   *
> ERROR at line 62:
> ORA-06550: line 62, column 19:
> PL/SQL: ORA-00984: column not allowed here
> ORA-06550: line 37, column 1:
> PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
>
> Sorry for the incomplete post earlier ... I was watching the clock run
> down on my retention window and stressing :)
>
> Robyn

Jason Heinrich
Oracle Database Administrator
Pensacola Christian College