Re: Flashback database versus RMAN

  • From: Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:19:22 -0700

We use RMAN for all our backups but recently we had a failover situation
with one of our DG primary databases.  We were able to flashback the
original primary to the SCN where the failover occurred  and start it up
as the standby (with a few other steps).  Then we switched back
seamlessly.  It was very handy.

Kevin