Re: Flashback database versus RMAN

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: moabrivers@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:41:22 +0000

We have a training environment that is a copy of production with some setup
for training courses done. Flashback database after the course is over is
much nicer than re-clone. It strikes me that it might make a good "poor
man's Real Application Testing" environment as well - at least for
the what-if type testing that RAT enables.

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA