Re: Finding the cause of object invalidation

  • From: Nirmalya Das <nirmalya@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 10:01:57 -0700

I think my problem explanation was not clear:

Let's say, the objects (Procedure, Package, Trigger) were all VALID to begin
with. Now because of some creation/deletion of objects the previously VALID
objects became INVALID.
My question is how do I figure out which database action caused the previously
VALID objects became INVALID?

Quoting Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>:

If you try and compile them (alter procedure/package/trigger compile) -
check user_errors or dba_errors view for the cause of the failed compile.

Stefan

On 8/26/06, Nirmalya Das <nirmalya@xxxxxxx> wrote:

How do I figure out the cause of objects (Procedure, Package, Trigger) became INVALID?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated....