Finding WLS Server Process connecting to Oracle

  • From: Michael Dinh <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 14:19:36 -0800

Hello,
We have WLS using connection pooling for Oracle 11.2.0.3 database.

There are sessions that have gone rogue and is it possible to find the server
process from the WLS that is connection to Oracle server from a connection pool.

I can determine the server process from Oracle server, but what I need to find
is the server process from WLS itself.

Is this possible?

MDINH@db03> select sid, serial#, process, program from v$session where
status='ACTIVE' and program like 'JDBC%'
  2  ;

       SID    SERIAL# PROCESS                  PROGRAM
---------- ---------- ------------------------
       382      31637 1234                     JDBC Thin Client
       693      24029 1234                     JDBC Thin Client
      1060      64669 1234                     JDBC Thin Client

MDINH@db03>

Thanks

Michael Dinh

Disparity Breaks Automation (DBA)

Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong -
Peter T Mcintyre

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY - This material is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that
is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable laws.
BE FURTHER ADVISED THAT THIS EMAIL MAY CONTAIN PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
(PHI). BY ACCEPTING THIS MESSAGE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE FOREGOING, AND AGREE AS
FOLLOWS: YOU AGREE TO NOT DISCLOSE TO ANY THIRD PARTY ANY PHI CONTAINED HEREIN,
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PERFORM YOUR
OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THE RECEIPT OF THIS MESSAGE.  If the reader of this
email (and attachments) is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender of the error and delete the
e-mail you received. Thank you.