Re: Favorite IT/Computer books BUT NOT ORACLE

  • From: Rick Weiss <rweiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "List, Oracle Discussion" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 07:14:52 -0600

Introduction to Database Systems - CJ Date
Time Management for Dummies - JJ Mayer (I'm notoriously bad at job scope
control)
Richard W Weiss
Oracle DBA

Student Assistance Foundation
2500 Broadway
Helena, MT  59601
(406) 495-7356 Office
(406) 438-7007 Cell
rweiss@xxxxxxxxx

 You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. -- C.
S. Lewis <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/c_s_lewis.html>

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 5:58 AM, <Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Relational database oriented: Tapio Lahdenmaki and Michael Leach,
> Relational Database Index Design and the Optimizers
> Knuth is classics but Niklaus Wirth work was easier to read: Algorithms +
> Data Structures = Programs
>

> > On 3/25/2013 3:07 PM, Steve Gardiner wrote:
> > A few weeks ago there was a great discussion about Oracle performance
> > books on this list. Learned about a few I had never seen before.
> >

> > I was wondering what IT books we might have studied over and over but
> > not about necessarily about databases or Oracle.
> >

> > My list would be:
> >
> > Upgrade Your Life by Gina Trapani         (newer version - Lifehacker:
> > The Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, and Better)
> >
> > The Visible Ops Handbook by Kevin Behr
> >
> > Getting Things Done by David Allen
> >
> > Pragmatic Thinking and Learning by Andy Hunt
> >
> > The Productive Programmer by Neal Ford
> >
> > Lots of books by Gerald Weinberg
> >

> > What's on your list?
> >

> > Steve Gardiner
> >
> > steve.gardiner@xxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
> >

> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

This email and any files transmitted with may be confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are
sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. This message
may contain confidential information and the contents of this email are
strictly prohibited from being disseminated, distributed, printed or copied.

http://www.safmt.org