Re: Favorite IT/Computer books BUT NOT ORACLE

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: curtisbl@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 20:07:00 -0300

I would have to go with  applied  mathematics for database professionals...
It really opened my eyes to a lot of things.
One of my old time  favorites  is not strictly a book in the sense that
there is no official printout, but the  TLDP guide to Bash Scripting is
amazing.
I've read a couple of  books on network architecture, linux and fast
development methodologies, but nothing of note.
There is also a book by Adoracion de Miguel on database design. I don't
think it was printed  out in english, though. It's a good guide for
beginners to sql.
And my favorite by far, the Manga Guides to ...

for instance:
http://www.amazon.com/Manga-Guide-Databases-Mana-Takahashi/dp/1593271905

I used it more than once in custom db courses for beginners.

Alan.-