Faststart Failover

  • From: John P Weatherman <jweatherman91@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 17:30:35 -0500

All,

Can anyone point me to a good white paper of setting up clients for
Faststart Failover to a Data Guard standby?  We are having issues with
getting JDBC clients to restart properly, and Oracle wants us to verify
that SqlPlus fails over normally.  The problem is, I can't find a good
paper to set up the SqlPlus failover so I don't know what exactly
"normally" is.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  I haven't worked
with Faststart until now and walked into the TAR my second day on the
new job.

TIA,

John

John P Weatherman