Re: Fasted Way to Unload Data - Straight SQL query vs. PL/SQL and dbms_output vs. PL/SQL and utl_file

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: strickland.mark@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:02:00 -0700

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Mark Strickland
<strickland.mark@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>   I'm under a very tight deadline and am doing as much of my own testing as
> I can get done, but I'm hoping that others in the list will know right off
> how to approach this the best way.  Thanks in advance.

I don't know about best, but I would use Perl.

C/C++ might run faster, but not the best option for a tight deadline.

Attached is a script that should work as is with the Perl that is installed
with Oracle.

You will need to modify the SQL bit.

Also, if Getopt::Long is not installed in your perl, you can just use the
@ARGV array to get
command line options, or hardcode them in the script.

Buffering is disabled in the script, at least as much as possible.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com