Re: Fast Start Failover

  • From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jason.arneil@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:22:04 +0100

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM, jason arneil <jason.arneil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to gain an appreciation for how widely used Fast Start Failover
> is used out there in the wild. I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who
> is using it on how it is working out for you. Any good experiences or things
> to watch out for?

Hi,

I'm using it and it work quite well.
One important thing to consider is now you want to solve fail/switch
over procedure from TNSNAMES
perspective. Personally I would like to add Virtual IP for this
solution as sometimes I end up with issues well know
from Oracle Parallel Server or RAC 9i when session were hanging on TCP timeout.

regards,
--
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com