RE: Failsafe + Active/Passive + Licensing

  • From: "Shaw, John" <john.shaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "D'Hooge Freek" <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>, <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:48:43 -0600

If the node is up and oracle is running - Oracle says it has to be licensed.

Sender: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can indeed only run for 10 days on the other node.
I remember that there where some more restrictions on how the 10 days where
filled in, but I don't remember what they are. I think it had something to do
that each failover counted as an entire day, even it you would run only 1 hour
on the other node. But I'm not sure.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime