Re: FW: relink?

  • From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bill thater <shrekdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:27:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 24 May 2005, bill thater wrote:

>> So... why are they "rebuilding" the server and what does that
>> activity consist of?
>
> because.  and that activity is still being discussed.;-)

Har har sysadmins.  Wait, I am a sysadmin.

If you are a smarty, you can look in
$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk for the ioracle target and change
the name of the file it moves the relinked executable to from oracle
to oracle.new or something.  Then you can verify proper relinking (of
the oracle executable) ability after the database is up (if it still
comes up).  It works for the other targets in the makefile, but
ioracle is the important one, so I never bother with the others.

--
Jeremiah Wilton
ORA-600 Consulting