Re: FW: how can I find from v$rollstat.xacts the actual transactions using the rollback

  • From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Hatzistavrou John'" <John.Hatzistavrou.sema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:25:59 +0200

John,

Likely to be the RECO process and a two-phase commit thing.

select table_name
from dictionary
where table_name like '%PENDING%'
   or table_name like '%2PC%'

and nose there.

HTH,

Stephane Faroult

RoughSea Ltd
http://www.roughsea.com

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:03 , 'Hatzistavrou John'
<John.Hatzistavrou.sema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> sent:

Dear All,

I have the following problem

Environment : Sun OS 5.8, Oracle 8.1.7.4

A transaction seems stacked on a rollback segment, however there are no
pending tasks, no active transactions.

Even when I shutdown the instance and start it up I have one transaction
on a rollback segment that I need to drop.

Is there any way from xacts to find which is this transaction(what I
have tried to do is to dump the rollback header from there checked which
is the transaction table entry that is active and using the dba I have
extracted the information (dbms_utility ) pertaining to the file and
block address of this dba.Then I have dump the contents of this block to
check the undo info)

Yannis Hatzistavrou

--
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l[1]