FW: how can I find from v$rollstat.xacts the actual transactions using the rollback

  • From: "Hatzistavrou John" <John.Hatzistavrou.sema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:03:05 +0300

Dear All,

I have the following problem

Environment : Sun OS 5.8, Oracle 8.1.7.4

A transaction seems stacked  on a rollback segment, however there are no
pending tasks, no active transactions.

Even when I shutdown the instance and start it up I have one transaction
on a rollback segment that I need to drop.

Is there any way from xacts to find which is this transaction(what I
have tried to do is to dump the rollback header from there checked which
is the transaction table entry that is active and using the dba I have
extracted the information (dbms_utility ) pertaining to the file and
block address of this dba.Then I have dump the contents of this block to
check the undo info)

Yannis Hatzistavrou