FW: dropping and recreatiing wrapped objects

  • From: "Ruth Gramolini" <rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:46:50 -0500

Good afternoon all,

O9.2.0.7 OS AIX 5.2

One of our applications requires that we drop and recreate
packages,procedures, and functions every night.  This is not a problem as it
stands but we are in the process of becoming IRS compliant which means we
cannot store code in enencrypted format in the database.  The way to achieve
this is to wrap the objects. My question is can we drop and recreate the
wrapped objects.

I know that we could always wrap the recreated objects but can we drop the
wrapped objects without unwrapping them?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ruth Gramolini
Oracle DBA
Vermont Department of Taxes