FW: Version of Oracle Database without connecting to the database.

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:40:19 -0500

Mark, your command failed on my AIX 5.3 running 9.2 on the term Release and
also on a 10.2 system we have on another server (Also AIX 5.3L).  I tried
version instead and got some information back:

$ strings `which oracle` | grep -i version
òˤNLSRTL Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production

$ strings `which oracle` | grep -i version
AW$VERSION10.1.0.3
NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.3.0 - Production

It looks like the version and maybe platform is an issue for what you can try
on the OS command line.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148