Re: FW: Upgrading to 11g - physru.sh

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 11:45:37 +0100

On 28/12/2010 10:38, Radoulov, Dimitre wrote:

On 27/12/2010 19:00, Daniel W. Fink wrote:

 Sending on behalf of a friend without posting privileges.

A little more detail - she tried to run the script, but it errorred out many times and the SysAdmin looked at it.

*[...]*
*Subject:* Upgrading to 11g - physru.sh

Unfortunately, the script appears to be written for Linux, and we're on Solaris. Has anyone done this on a Solaris OS?

Untested!
I just changed some parts of the code by reading it because I cannot test it.
Test the script before using it in production.

Just to add that you'll need Perl (to emulate the GNU date usage in the original script).
This shouldn't be a problem though,
with a properly set environment, you should have access at least to the Perl interpreter installed in ORACLE_HOME.

Regards
Dimitre