Re: FW: Training for Oracle Performance tuning - Method-R is easy

  • From: "Andrew Kerber" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kerber, Andrew W." <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx>, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:38:55 -0500

I have read Deming, I never thought his ideas were particularly useful
except in an economy recovering from some sort of massive disaster, like
Japan post WWII.

Like his, the methodology is fine if you are existing on the edge.
Otherwise, its not that useful. Deming denies the concept of serendipity,
and serendipity is vital for long term success, whether its a family, a
business, or a country.

--
Andrew W. Kerber