FW: Statspack consolidation

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:08:47 -0600

Table compression can only help if you are using "direct-path" inserts.  The
standard STATSPACK package does "conventional" (i.e. not direct-path)
inserts, as does the IMP utility, so data loaded from either would not
compress.

Table compression would only help if one was transferring data using INSERT
/*+ APPEND */ selecting from a database link or loading data using SQLLDR
DIRECT=TRUE.