Re: FW: SQL Error... huh?

  • From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian Zelli <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 22:01:21 +0700

It's normal and expected. You can't do that.

[oracle@oel6 ~]$ sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 12.1.0.2.0 Production on Tue May 13 17:26:04 2014

Copyright (c) 1982, 2014, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, Automatic Storage Management, OLAP, Advanced
Analytics
and Real Application Testing options

SQL> select * bulk collect into x from dual;
select * bulk collect into x from dual
         *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03001: unimplemented feature

select .. bulk collect into... is PL/SQL syntax, not SQL syntax.

The error message could be alittle more descriptive, though