FW: RMAN FILES CORRUPT?

  • From: "Howard Latham" <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:25:23 -0000

This is weird we cannot backup rman files from disk as some seem to
appear endless both to linux (files were produced on NT) AND to
arcserv both on Linux and on NT.
CP pulling from linux just hangs until the disk is full
and arcserv jobs show a negative filesize in the job monitor
and keep calling from new tapes - we have tried 3 660 gig tapes so far!
file sizes are 2.5 gig and 218gig ! Anyone got any ideas?
Howard A. Latham

SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
RSMB Television Research Ltd,
The Communications Building,
48 Leicester Square,
London. WC2H 7LT

Tel: +44 (0)20 7808 3619
SW:  +44 (0)20 7808 3600
Fax: +44 (0)20 7839 7446

mailto:Howard.latham@xxxxxxxxxx

http://www.rsmb.co.uk

Email Disclaimer

This email has been sent from RSMB TV Research , a UK limited
liability company. The information in
this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this
email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful.