Re: "FRM-40735: WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-06508"

  • From: Anand <shastry17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Nigel Thomas" <nigel_cl_thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 05:56:42 +0530

Hello all,

Thanks for Nigel and Kathy for your fruitful suggestion. I compiled the
schema and bounced the server, the FRM- error was resolved.

Regards,
Anand Rag

On 3/19/07, Nigel Thomas <nigel_cl_thomas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

$ oerr ora 6508
06508, 00000, "PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called"
// *Cause:
// *Action:
Rag, I guess your form is trying to call a procedure or function that is
no longer present (or accessible). Probably it's a missing program unit on
the database - but I suppose it could be a missing client side program unit.

1) do you have the source of the form? if so, try recompiling it: the
Forms compiler should tell you what is missing
2) try running it in debug mode
3) try tracing its execution on the server
4) oh, and check you are connecting to the correct schema in the first
place...

This should be easy to find, as W-N-F-I happens as you open the form.

What version of everything?

Regards Nigel