Re: FLASHBACK max days back

  • From: Amar Kumar Padhi <amar.padhi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:30:24 +0400

I may be wrong here, but I think what you are looking for is the parameter DB_FLASHBACK_RETENTION_TARGET. This specifies in minutes how far back in time the db can be flashed back. Setting this will also provide you the actual and estimated flashback size in V$FLASHBACK_DATABASE_LOG view.

Thanks!
amar kumar padhi

Yechiel Adar wrote:
I think it depends on the size of the flash back area.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Vincent verpoort wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a max of days you can go back with
flashback database ? i can't find anything on the max days ( excluding
space and stuff you need to have for the logs ofcource )