FGA_LOG$.SCN=0

  • From: "Koivu, Lisa" <Lisa.Koivu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:52:27 -0400

Hello All,

2 node RAC, 10.2.0.4 EE, on Solaris 10

I am examining data in FGA_LOG$ generated by my fine grained auditing
configuration.  I am surprised to see many records with SCN=0.  These
records are all inserts (STMT_TYPE=2).  And as a cute little aside,
after I saw this the database began kicking me out with ORA-3113.
Lovely.

Has anyone seen this before?  How could Oracle just decide to give me
garbage for the SCN?  A feature, perhaps?

Thank you for any suggestions, ideas, thoughts or KITA you are willing
to provide.

SYSTEM @k31>SELECT   stmt_type, TRUNC (ntimestamp#), COUNT (*)

  2      FROM SYS.fga_log$

  3     WHERE SCN = 0

  4  GROUP BY stmt_type, TRUNC (ntimestamp#);

 STMT_TYPE TRUNC(NTI   COUNT(*)

---------- --------- ----------

         2 20-JUN-09        876

         2 18-JUN-09       2717

         2 21-JUN-09        633

         2 22-JUN-09       8819

         2 19-JUN-09       2877

Lisa Koivu

Oracle Database Administrator

Starwood Vacation Ownership

Orlando, FL, USA

Always be willing to accept a temporary inconvenience for a permanent
improvement.   - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.