Re: External table performance

  • From: raza siddiqui <raza.siddiqui@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 11:41:22 -0800

Sanjay

Firstly, a 50k datafile is not big by any standards...

Secondly, when External Tables get to be fairly sizeable, one option could be to load the data into a temp table in the Database, use it then truncate once done.

Lastly, could the main select be the issue and not the External table or its data ?

On 1/12/2018 11:28 AM, Powell, Mark wrote:

Sanjay, you did not identify your Oracle version and edition nor post the actual code you have an issue with but consider the following.

I do not have access to a server where I can test right now but I believe that you can select from an external table using parallel query if you are on EE.

Mark Powell
Database Administration
(313) 592-5148