RE: Extended trace analysis and perf. problem.

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brian_wisniewski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 15:24:58 +0200

Brian

>Is it possible to change anything else? :-)

Yes, database version.

>All of the wait time averages for the new setup=20
>are right in line with current production.

Response time =3D service time + wait time

What about CPU?

>If this was database related I'd expect to see=20
>some wait-time averages way off the chart somewhere
>- wouldn't you?  Am I missing something if this is=20
>database related - shouldn't it show in the extended
>traces if it was?

If the loads are about 1/2 fast, the response time on the new system =
should be twice as the old system. Therefore either you use more CPU or =
you wait more time! (or both of course)

>RAC 'C' is the new cluster - all the others are=20
>current production runs.

Mhmm... without analyzing the data in detail, if the forth column is a =
run, to me it seams that there are huge differences!

HTH
Chris