Re: Extended RAC:11G R2

  • From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: avadhanimys@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 11:25:09 -0500

Avadhani,

I have implemented extended RAC for few customers and it is not as
complex as you feel. It is just another type (or special type?)  of
configuring RAC with dual storage arrays. Its a great solution if your
application is demanding  for near 100% availability.

Whats the distance b/w your data centers? Extended RAC works well
within 50 miles and you will have an additional 1ms latency for every
100 miles (due to speed of light factor). Have a look at  chapter 15
of my RAC book, or contact me offline. Can provide you additional
details.

In short, Extended RAC  works well if configured rightly.

-Gopal