Re: Express Edition for Production

  • From: Matthew Zito <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx" <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 17:44:19 -0400

Postgres has PostGIS - http://postgis.net/ - which is pretty highly
regarded, at least amongst GIS people I know.
APEX, though - I guess the closest you'd come is some rapid development
framework like Rails.

Personally, I'd *never* base a startup on Oracle - given today's trends for
data collection (i.e. more is better), 4GB of data isn't going to get you
very far, and then the pricing for Oracle is enough to bankrupt anyone with
a decent compute footprint (not to mention licensing terms that are very
unfriendly for on-demand compute infrastructure like EC2).

Thanks,
Matt