Re: Exporting to a tab delimited file - no spaces

  • From: "Kristen Cameron" <cameronkgd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 10:46:28 -0400

The conclusion seems to be that there is no setting that will allow me
to create a tab-delimited file directly from the select statement
without listing each column and concatenating tabs between them.

However, Stephane Faroult and Prem Khanna J both provided me with
solutions that select from the user_tab_columns table to create a
"select column_name||'||chr(9)||'...." command for each table.  Since
they already sent their responses to the list, I won't include them
here.

Mladen also responded and suggested  ... a Perl script, of course!

Many thanks!