Re: Export of CLOB too slow ?!!

  • From: "Keith Moore" <kmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: premjhere@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:51:28 -0500 (CDT)

Are you running it over a (slow) network?

CLOBs are exported a row at a time instead of a block at a time, so there
is a network round trip for each row.  I learned this when I tried to
export a database in Japan from the U.S. over a very slow network link. A
small database, much smaller than yours would have taken over 20 hours.

Keith