Export error in 10.2.0.4 database stating temp tablespace is offline but it's not

  • From: Jason Khym <jrkhym@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 21:44:59 -0400

Anyone see the problem before?  I searched the WEB and only found a bug fix
for 9.2.0.6.  I was not able to find any posts about this error on 10.2.0.4
oracle databases.  Our database server is Sun Solaris 9.  We did a EMC BVC
snap of the production database and now the acceptance database is getting
the same error.  I tried simpling restarting the acceptance database but
still getting the error. Should I try setting up a new temp tablespace and
switching users to it?

Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 -
64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing
options
Export done in WE8ISO8859P1 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set

About to export the entire database ...
. exporting tablespace definitions
*EXP-00068: tablespace TEMP is offline*
. exporting profiles
. exporting user definitions
. exporting roles
. exporting resource costs
. exporting rollback segment definitions
. exporting database links
. exporting sequence numbers
. exporting directory aliases
. exporting context namespaces
. exporting foreign function library names
. exporting PUBLIC type synonyms
. exporting private type synonyms
. exporting object type definitions