Re: Export Import Large Database - 9i

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 21:00:53 +1100

Oracle Dba Wannabe wrote,on my timestamp of 16/01/2010 7:40 PM:
Hi,
Was wondering if anyone could share their experience of having to export import VLDB's in a 9i environment. For certains reason the database that I need to migrate cannot be upgraded - which would open up a lot more options. I'm hoping people out there could help with their personal experiences, if any, with respect to what they found helped the best during this process. I'd appreciate any input, thanks
Thanks

Why do you need to export/import?
Whatever it is, are transportable tablespaces an option?
I've found these are a lot better to transfer tablespaces
across systems than any other method: you basically save
the metadata using export/import and then copy the files
across using whatever the OS provides for that purpose.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto