RE: Explanation needed of Rapid Clone and to recover db. after cloning

  • From: "Venkata Giri PG" <dbagiri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: solo.erp@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:21:58 +0000

I am assuming that you are refering to Oracle Apps 11i cloning as you mentioned Rapid clone.

1) Run preclone procedure on you source instance (DB Tier and Apps Tier)
2) Copy your database (hot backup or cold backup: If it is hotbackup you have to manullay create control file on the target) to the target nodes
3) run the post clone on target node( DB Tier first, then apps Tier)

All these steps are clearly given in metalink document 230672.1

Thanks
Giri

From: "Solo Mahi" <solo.erp@xxxxxxxxx>
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Explanation needed of Rapid Clone and to recover db. after cloning
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:08:47 +0530

Hi,

Can some one please guide me (or any notes) in an easy way the method of
cloning frpm Production system (Source) to Test (target) system
and also how to recover the database in the target system and how we  start
the database of target system
after cloning as I am new in this field.

Thanks & Regards

Solo.