Experiencing again apperant hang very slow

  • From: Subodh Deshpande <subodh_deshpande@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 04:04:44 -0800 (PST)

hi all,

this is a 9.2.0.8 rac two node db.
we have increased the size of redo from 33 mb to 100mb as per recommendations
of expert and after which we are facing the problmes of waits..it seems that db
is frequently checkpointing, now have been given the recommendation that should
remove the follwing parameters

log_checkpoints_to_alert TRUE => this is what i changed to false
log_checkpoint_interval 2048
log_checkpoint_timeout 0 => i think this will not have now any effect as only
integers should be considered..

and should set FAST_START_MTTR_TARGET to say 600

can somebody suggest me what are the default values, especially of
log_checkpoint_interval 2048

thanks
subodh