Re: Experiences with AQ with a very high concurrent workload solicited

  • From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paulvallee@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 08:40:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi Paul,

I am using AQ in high volume transactions systems.

Oracle AQ is based around the IOT table.
So there is some overhead of PL/SQL API around normal
Oracle INSERT, UPDATE, SELECT, ...

But it is very nice, very transactional and you have
so many nice features around.

Did you mean 200 per second per CPU?
I assume you were thinking about 200 on 1 CPU machine.

The speed will depends on your usage, but 200 is
possible. If you can use 10g then you have bulk AQ
operations similar to bulk (array) DML.

Regards,
Zoran

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail