Re: Executing wrong sql

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:38:04 -0400

HOw can you tell what is being executed, via a trace?

Is there a materialized view out there thats doing a query rewrite?

Thanks,  Joe

---------------------------------------
Phineas says, "Where's Perry?"

"Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>

Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

10/10/2008 12:10 PM
Please respond to sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx

From
"Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Executing wrong sql

I have a developer trying to run an SQL script against a test database
that is picking up the wrong sql instead of what is really in my PL/SQL
script.  What's really strange to me is that if I set echo on, I can see
the code it should be executing, not what it is really executing.  Could
this be due to a cursor left open?  I've never seen this behavior before
so I'm a bit lost on where to look.

If I run the same script against another test database, it works like it's
supposed to.  The developer also tells me that this code worked on this
database until we bounced it yesterday.

Our environment for both databases:  Oracle 10.2.0.3, SuSE10, IBM z9 VM

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Sandy