RE: Exadata backups

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gurmeet.goindi@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 08:54:15 +0000

In a somewhat sane backup strategy using incrementally updated copies,
you'd then transfer the copy to another medium. Recovery to a point in time
before your last copy would then be a multistep affair, but in most use
cases you'd want to think through the business implications of not
recovering to a current point in any case so I don't really see that as a
huge drawback.

Is there a link to what the backup validation does (especially as you say
elsewhere you never send the same block twice so you better be real sure
every block sent makes it correctly so you don't corrupt your backup over
time).