RE: Exadata backups

  • From: Gurmeet Goindi <gurmeet.goindi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gurmeet Goindi <gurmeet.goindi@xxxxxxxxxx>, "D'Hooge Freek" <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 15:05:11 -0700 (PDT)

I should have mentioned this in my previous email, thanks Job for pointing it
out.

Another key difference between DBLRA and incrementally updated backup strategy
is that with DBLRA you can restore to any point in time. For each incremental
DBLRA receives it creates a virtual full, so the user has the choice to restore
to any of these virtual full backups. Whereas in an incrementally updated
strategy the updated copy cannot be undone, hence it's not possible for the
user to restore to a point prior to the one represented by the updated copy.