Exadata ExaWatcher Graphing

  • From: Steve Gardiner <gardiner9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 12:01:12 -0500

Hi Oracle-l listers,
I'd like to get some basic OS performance statistics from Exadata Storage
Servers. I usually use OS Watcher. Exadata has a modified version of OS
Watcher called ExaWatcher. But ExaWatcher does not have a graphing tool
like OSWatcher Black Box Analyzer. OSWatcher's graphical tool will not work
with the ExaWatcher output. Looks like I'll need to set up my own graphing
using the ExaWatcher data. I was hoping some else has been down this road
before and could share their findings. I did find one reference from google
using python to perform graphing the ExaWatcher data. I've never used
python.

Oracle Enterprise manager 12c with Exadata plugins did not seem to have any
OS performance statistics or graphing for the storage servers.

Another consideration is that we can not install any software on the
storage servers.

Steve Gardiner
gardiner9@xxxxxxxxx