Error when running RMAN duplicate

  • From: Don Morse <dmorse2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 17:05:11 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

We're moving our database server platform from Solaris
to AIX.
I'm configuring RMAN to duplicate a 9.2.0.6 database
from a
production server to a remote development server (both
servers on AIX 5L v5.3 64bit AIX, 64bit Oracle).
The RMAN duplicate command is failing on error
ORA-27039 (create file failed, file size limit
reached).
I had this same RMAN script running in cron on Solaris
for the past year, so I know the RMAN syntax is
correct.
I'm using TDP for Oracle to interface RMAN to Tivoli
backup system for backups/restores.
The ORA-27039 error appears to indicate insufficient
AIX privileges in /etc/security/limits for the AIX
user to
create a file, but file size is set to unlimited (-1)
for AIX user running the script.
To test this is not a problem with AIX user file size
limitation, I ran create database using 5GB system
tablespace
without error, then backed up and restored (same
server) with RMAN. For some reason, I can't restore
from production server
to remote test server using RMAN duplicate without
hitting this error.
I also tried setting max piece size to 1GB when
creating backup on the production server, but same
error.

Does anyone have any idea why I can't get this to work
in AIX?

Thanks!

Here is the error message received when the RMAN
"duplicate database" command fails:
RMAN-00571:
RMAN-00569: = ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS
===============
RMAN-00571:
RMAN-03002: failure of Duplicate Db command at
10/06/2005 16:30:46
RMAN-03015: error occurred in stored script Memory
Script
ORA-19504: failed to create file
"/u01/oradata/BRY/devl_PROD_01.dbf"
ORA-27039: create file failed, file size limit reached

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs