Re: Error recovering a database with a read-only tablespace

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: dlordster@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:26:39 -0400

David, datafile 1 is the system tablespace datafile, I've not seen that
error.

An off the wall question did the database have a patchset and/or upgrade
done to it since the backup was taken?  It almost appears as if the header
in the datafile is either corrupt or did not get converted during an
upgrade process.

just throwing out some ideas.

Thanks,  Joe

---------------------------------------
You can have it: Fast, Right or Cheap, pick 2 of the 3.
Fast + Right is Expensive
Fast + Cheap will be incorrect.
Right + Cheap will take a while.

"David Lord" <dlordster@xxxxxxxxx>

Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

04/16/2008 11:54 AM
Please respond to dlordster@xxxxxxxxx

From
"David Lord" <dlordster@xxxxxxxxx>
oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Error recovering a database with a read-only tablespace

All,

I'm running into a problem trying to recover a 9.2.0.8 test database
with a read only tablespace ASSETS_21 from an RMAN backup.

The restore runs fine and appears to restore the ASSETS_21.dbf
datafile (number 13 for the superstitious amongst you):

   RMAN> restore database check readonly force;
   restoring datafile 00013 to /data/oradata/ESDCWTST/ASSETS_21.dbf
   Finished restore at 16-APR-08

But when I do the recovery, I get the following error:

   RMAN> recover database check readonly;
   could not read file header for datafile 13 error reason 9
   RMAN-03002: failure of recover command at 04/16/2008 16:02:16
   RMAN-06094: datafile 1 must be restored

And when I try it from sqlplus I get:

   SQL> recover database until cancel using backup controlfile;
   ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors
   ORA-01110: data file 13: '/data/oradata/ESDCWTST/ASSETS_21.dbf'
   ORA-01122: database file 13 failed verification check
   ORA-01110: data file 13: '/data/oradata/ESDCWTST/ASSETS_21.dbf'
   ORA-01206: file is not part of this database - wrong database id

Has anybody come across this before, or know what to do?  I'm probably
going to end up cloning a new copy from the live database, but it
would be nice to know what the problem was.

Regards
David Lord