Re: Error creating listener on new RAC node

  • From: brian.x.wisniewski@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jheinrich@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 12:00:40 -0500

Standard vs EE shouldn't matter as far as the CRS is concerned. The last
time I messed around with srvctl was on 9i/Linux so I'm a bit handicapped
here but...

Can you send me the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora entries from node 1? You
said you had the listener running there after manually configuring? - I
lost your original note. If you want to send as an attachment just
directly email me vs the list.

Also - what is the output of:

srvctl config database -d db_name

and

srvctl status database -d db_name -v

?

Jason Heinrich <jheinrich@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
12/02/2005 10:43 AM
Please respond to jheinrich

        To:     <brian.x.wisniewski@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:     Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject:        Re: Error creating listener on new RAC node

Replies in-line.  One thing I hadn't mentioned is that I'm using Standard
Edition, if that makes any difference.

On 12/2/2005 8:33 AM, brian.x.wisniewski@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Jason, did you create the 2nd instance on the new node and is it running
ok?

Not yet.  I hadn't gotten to that step in the documentation yet.

> Did you use DBCA or oradim to create the 2nd instance?

I was planning on using DBCA.

> Are you using a shared ORACLE_HOME directory or local to each node?

The ORACLE_HOME is local to each node.

> What is your remote_listener and local_listener set to in v$spparameter?
>
> select sid, name, value, isspecified, ordinal
> from v$spparameter
> where name like ('%listener%')
> order by 1

I ran this on the first node.  REMOTE_LISTENER is set to
'LISTENERS_TCORE',
which is defined in my tnsnames.ora file to be the address of the listener
on node 1.  LOCAL_LISTENER wasn't set.

> To get back to your original issue about srvctl  - have you tried
> srvctl config listener -n nodename

Nothing is returned.

> srvctl stop listener -n nodename

CRS-0210: Could not find resource
ora.oracletest1.LISTENER_ORACLETEST1.lsnr.
(I get the same error on both nodes, since I had dropped the listener on
node 1 in an attempt to setup both listeners at once from that node.)

Jason Heinrich
Oracle Database Administrator
Pensacola Christian College