Re: Enterprise mangler More fuel to the fire

  • From: kyle Hailey <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 11:38:15 -0700

Spotlight was nice when it came out but hasn't grown out of the old
statistics and ratio based performance monitoring that has long been
supplanted by the wait interface analysis. Waits and CPU usage are
much more exact powerful method of performance analysis.  DB Optimizer
is totally based on the wait interface which makes identification and
analysis of issues easy.

Do you mean I3 by Precise  when you say E3?
I3 seems pretty good from the demos I've seen and clients I've know
that use it. The issue I hear is that its extremely difficult to set
up. When I talked to Precise about trying it out they said that an
Precise consultant was required to come set it up. That's too much for
me.

Best
Kyle Hailey
http://sites.google.com/site/embtdbo/