Re: Enterprise Manager Restricted Use License

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 07:17:35 -0600

Yes, that is true. And the Database licensing manual also states that the EM Repo db can also be used for RMAN catalog (and explicitly states 'nothing else').

Recommendation: PRINT, Date stamp and File the License document on which you base your decisions.

/Hans

On 09/04/2015 6:52 AM, Chris Taylor wrote:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - for the Enterprise Manager restricted use license listed below, we can run a single-instance Oracle db on any size server we desire correct? The server that houses the db and EM components doesn't have to be a certain size, right?

Or is there some limitations to the number of CPUs etc?

Enterprise Manager Restricted-use License

*

Enterprise Manager includes a restricted-use license of the Oracle
Database for use as the Oracle Management Repository only.

Additional database options or additional servers for disaster
recovery require separate licensing. Customers receive one
single-instance database with the Grid Control, or RMAN,
repository. To protect the repository with Data Guard, customers
need to purchase a license for the standby site. To protect the
repository with Oracle Real Application Clusters, customers must
license the second node for the database, and both nodes require
an Oracle Real Application Clusters license.

*

Use of Oracle WebLogic Server with Oracle Enterprise Manager is
restricted to the servlet functionality without clustering for the
Oracle Management Server (OMS).

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11857_01/license.111/e11987/overview.htm