Re: Enterprise Manager Restricted Use License

  • From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 08:09:00 -0500

Niall - I totally agree - my client just *happens *to be running their EM
environment on a 16 cpu-core server and Oracle LMS flagged it as
non-compliant even though OMS is definitely the only thing running on it.
They're saying we need either an 16 proc license or 200 named users.

Chris

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 8:06 AM, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx

wrote:

That's correct. I've yet to see a requirement for a huge EM DB server
though.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Chris Taylor <
christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - for the Enterprise Manager restricted
use license listed below, we can run a single-instance Oracle db on any
size server we desire correct? The server that houses the db and EM
components doesn't have to be a certain size, right?

Or is there some limitations to the number of CPUs etc?

Enterprise Manager Restricted-use License

-

Enterprise Manager includes a restricted-use license of the Oracle
Database for use as the Oracle Management Repository only.

Additional database options or additional servers for disaster
recovery require separate licensing. Customers receive one single-instance
database with the Grid Control, or RMAN, repository. To protect the
repository with Data Guard, customers need to purchase a license for the
standby site. To protect the repository with Oracle Real Application
Clusters, customers must license the second node for the database, and
both
nodes require an Oracle Real Application Clusters license.
-

Use of Oracle WebLogic Server with Oracle Enterprise Manager is
restricted to the servlet functionality without clustering for the Oracle
Management Server (OMS).

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11857_01/license.111/e11987/overview.htm

--
Niall Litchfield